Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
PrimoChill ICE UV Blue Water Cooling Fluid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 21:52:48    Post Subject: PrimoChill ICE UV Blue Water Cooling Fluid Reply with quote View Single Post

PrimoChill ICE performs as advertised, with a noticeably lower temperature in our test system. Given the slick oily feel, and the fact that PrimoChill ICE lived up to the claims regarding lower temperatures, I am inclined to believe that it will also live up to the claims of longer pump life and reduced internal build up in any water cooling system. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Sun, 30 Apr 2006 14:03:35; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

terrri_nobody
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:50:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

This product was also reviewed at the below site who found it to conduct electricity... Would you please consider a similar test to determine if this product really is or isn't conductive?

http://www.thinkcomputers.org/v2/index.php?x=reviews&id=281

Thank you
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 18:35:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi terrri_nobody, welcome!

Hmmm... that review either has a typo, or it is confusing to me. It looks like it should be non-conductive by his results, and I think he means to say "inconclusive" where he says "inclusive".

Maybe dadx2mj will have a minute to throw a multimeter on our sample... Grin
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 19:08:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

OK I took a small plastic cup which was non conductive and filled it with the PrimoChill ICE and then dropped the leads form my Fluke 77 meter in it. Making sure they were not touching each other or the sides of the plastic contain. I wanted to get pictures but my camera batteries died. Anyway with the PrimoChill ICE in the cup I got an ohm reading of 2.689. I then did the same test with some distilled water and got a reading of .689. From this simple test the PrimoChill ICE does seem to be somewhat conductive but not as conductive as distilled water.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 19:55:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That is interesting, thanks for checking it out dadx2mj!!

The manufacturer's website is a waste of time for data, but Voyeurmods (and other vendors) need to rethink the published claim that:

"Testing has revealed that PC ICE is capable of staying within 2C* of standard water, while maintaining its non-conductive nature as well as lubricating properties."

Less conductive doesn't equate to non-conductive!!

Thanks!
Nookie420
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 01:55:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

send some of that my way if yo have extra, i'd like to try it out.
Asus Maximus V Formula | i5 3570k @ 4.7Ghz | 2 x EVGA GTX 680 Classified | | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance | XSPC Raystorm RX 360 Extreme D5 custom loop | Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB | WD 2 TB Black | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair 800D | Windows 8.1 Pro
[COLOR="#0000FF"]Backup rig[/COLOR]
EVGA 780i SLI | Q9550 @ 3.54 Ghz | EVGA GTX 580 Classified | 4 GB Dominator | Corsiar H100 | OCZ Vertex 4 120 GB | WD 500 GB Black | Antec TQP 1000 | Lian-Li PCA10B | Windows 8.1 Pro
terrri_nobody
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:54:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

So with a reading of 2.69 (rounding) I would expect that while it might not conduct well, it could still cause some damage based on what got hit with a spill.
Low voltage non-sensitive items might survive but others I would think would not fair nearly as well.

Too Bad ... maybe they can fix the issue (unlikely)

Has anyone tried this same test with Fuid XP or the MCT family of products?
Be interesting to see if Any of the products are really non-conductive..

I have a partial bottle of Fuid XP I'll test ( once I find my meter)
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cooling All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: