Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Ultra Products Xconnect 500W PSU
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 21:06:13    Post Subject: Ultra Products Xconnect 500W PSU Reply with quote View Single Post

When I opened the box and saw the Ultra Products Xconnect power supply I was immediately impressed, but crossed my fingers that the performance wouldn't suffer for the incredible appearance. I was relieved, and even more impressed, when testing was completed and the Xconnect power supply proved that it wasn't all about looks. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Sat, 29 Apr 2006 09:00:27; edited 2 times in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 13:18:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

WOW! A modular power supply! That's awesome! Is this the first to implement that? Might have to shell out the bucks to get one of them! Wish that was an option on all powersupplie, especially some of the nice acryllic ones. The fingerprints on this case would drive me totally nuts though!
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 15:15:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hey, how cool is the air coming out of it? I've noticed a substantial difference between the Enermax and another Power Supply I'm looking at. The Enermax air exiting is rather warm, where the other one is cool. Could be because of the different ventilation styles.

Thinking of picking up the Titanium Blue version of this PS though Smile Would look rather nice in my case I think.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 22:31:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Just saw CompGeeks is now carrying these too... $97.99... Nice! Mr. T
Puddin
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 01:44:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I am not sure if i can post a direct link but i bought my unit from here: PCPowerHouse
http://epowerhousepc.com/cgi-bin/store/EPHstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=ULT31558

99 dollars no tax, no shipping. I about crapped my pants when i saw it and the shipment got here in abotu a week-week and a half. It was a bit of a wait but who cares. its 99 flat.

I hope this helps anyone who is going to be using it. Also they do send you free Serial ATA cables 2 of them and they were sent to me from the manufacturer whithout me signing up for them. Free of charge.

I have been using it problem free for abotu a month running all but maybe 10 hours a week.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 08:58:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi, and welcome! Yeah, the link is fine... I actually link to the same store at the end of the review.

The prices of these have been coming down over the past few weeks, which is cool... Saw a few sales for these under $80 recently.

Glad the SATA cables are included now... Grin
Puddin
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 19:02:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The SATA cables are not shipped with it, but actually ariived about a week later. Which is fine for me. Just have to give it some time for the company to find out that you ordered it.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:29:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I just picked one of these up for my new A64 system and it's awesome. I'm amazed at how quickly it cleans up the case. Now all I need is an SATA DVD+- R/W drive and rounded floppy cable (or maybe no floppy at all).

Great Review!
Thanks BB
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:34:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Whoa... Long time no see!!

Thanks for dropping by... And thanks for the feedback... Are there S-ATA optical drives?

Sun
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 02:37:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big Bruin wrote:
Whoa... Long time no see!!

Thanks for dropping by... And thanks for the feedback... Are there S-ATA optical drives?

Sun

Nice to be back, I'll try to drop by more often in the future.

I've seen a couple S-ATA optical drives (mostly Plextor's). It'll probably be awhile before I go that route, but When I'm ready to buy another DVD/RW you can bet I'll be looking into it further.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Power All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: