Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Mapower MAP-TB32 Dual SATA RAID Enclosure 
acruxksa
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 17:22:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Sorry all.

To be honest, I'm not currently in a position to even run a test on my mapower enclosure. Since our house flooded in July, we've been living in a rental and I've been confined to my 13" macbook. We are supposed to be back in our house by the end of this week, but that's what they said last week and the week before that as well.

Once we do get moved back and I get all my equipment up and running, I can probably take a look at this but that's still a few weeks out.

Off the top of my head, I'd make sure you had the latest drivers for the Intel ICH9/ICH9R (intel matrix drivers). Although the ICH9/ICH9R is supposed to support port multiplying, initially there was no driver support, perhaps this has changed and support was added to more recent drivers.

Also, could you give a bit more information, specifically your motherboard model and revision.

****update****
Only the ICH9R and ICH9DO appear to have Intel Matrix support. While http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/matrixstorage_sb.htm (scroll down to the table at the bottom) does mention support for PMP with the ICH9R and ICH9DO southbridge, it makes no mention of the ICH9 chipset at all which makes me believe the ICH9 chipset does not have PMP support.

Ok yet another update, apparently even if the ICH9(R) chipset supports PMP, not all motherboard manufacturers implemented it. You may want to check in your bios for a PMP toggle somewhere, probably in the same area as the AHCI settings.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved