Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Mapower MAP-TB32 Dual SATA RAID Enclosure 
samz
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 09:18:46    Post Subject: Second drive in TB32 is not recognized Reply with quote

Ok, so far, so good. Jumper is set to normal. I got it running with a single 2 TB drive (WD20EARS) in "Normal Mode".

When I connect a second drive (Samsung 1 TB) to the upper slot via the cables and press the reset button, the second LED gets on (in blue, no blinking).

Problem: Xp does not recognize it at all, even after reboot. What do I do wrong?? Any ideas?
How did you guys get it running?

--- edit ---------
I have read the following: "Non-RAID: The drives will show up as two independent drives. When using eSATA in this mode only one disk is seen unless your PC has Port Multiplier (PM) Support in the SATA controller."

I have a SATA Controller Intel ICH9 / ICH9R, which should support PM...

--- UPDATE -------
Spending hours on this, is there nobody willing to help me please? Is there anybody who got the second drive running??
What I achieved in the meantime:

1.) Changed BIOS settings to AHCI and managed to get XP accepting this (THAT was NOT easy) wihtout getting a BlueScreen

2.) Installed new Firmware ALPHA-Version 11605, BTW: This only works with the Setup of the OLD Firmware Package 11516 !!

3.) Second drive can only be seen in USB mode

What now? Should I change to USB every time I need acces to the second drive? Oh yes, this gives some more safety for my data (it's not a bug, it's a feature....)

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved