Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Icons disapear then computer freezes. 
trekrider
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 10:19:49    Post Subject: Icons disapear then computer freezes. Reply with quote

(from another thread):

Spire wrote:
trekrider wrote:
and figure out why she keeps loosing all her desktop icons when the computer freezes.

Trek, had that happen to one of the kids machines, try this, if you can get to task manager, go there and stop explorer.exe. Then go into the windows folder and find explorer.exe. Restart it. See if the desktop comes back to normal.

Never figured out a fix or a cause, just like to know if its the same thing.

BTW, when the kids machine just got to desktop, a white box would flash extremely quick and then no icons.

Wonder if its the same thing. Something is stopping explorer, then exiting itself, nothing strange running in task manager.

The problem is.....the icons vanish, along with the task bar. Right clicking...three finger salute, both have no effect.
I just tried that on this machine.......I had this "post a topic" window open (but not full screen), I closed explorer.exe in Task Mgr......everything vanished from the desktop (except this window), I tried right click, the three finger, I even tried the windows key......NOTHING.
The ONLY thing that kept me fron having to reboot was this "post a topic" window (file, open, windows, explorer.exe)(as you suggest).

Its a Dell machine, I've been thinking along the lines of a bad PSU.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved