Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: HTPC died, Need Recomendations 
Spire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 02:57:46    Post Subject: HTPC died, Need Recomendations Reply with quote

Asylum ruined my HTPC somehow and its time to upgrade a bit anyway.

Let me start by saying that I have NO IDEA how many cores are even available or what sockets processors use anymore, I can't even see the loop from where I am!!!

Long time ago I had a DFI motherboard that would process all sound as Dolby Digital and my receiver would see even a stereo signal as 5.1 DD. It was like a Karagan module or something like that. Recommend me a motherboard that will do the same.

I need a video card that has HDMI out (with sound would be nice) (silent would be even better).

I currently have a dual core 5600+ processor and a cheap a$$ bundle board but I envision delegating this processor and MB to server duty so I need a MB and processor.

Case, PS and other items are still good including the 4 gig of ram I have. I can still figure out hard and optical drives.

What is the good stuff these days. This will be tied to a 55" Samsung Plasma.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved