Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Long awaited upgrade (System built 8/1) 
x.clay
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 10:18:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote

here is my Two Cents

Overall you have a pretty solid setup. Your current monitor resolution isn't that high so you won't need a really high end card to have a good gaming experience. The GTS 250 recommends a 450w with 24 amps on the 12v rail. Your power supply has 30 amps on the 12v rail so you should be good. If you want to fold I would stick with an Nvidia card like the GTS 250. The HD 5750 is very similar to the GTS 250 in performance and price. This card will give you the ability to play around with DX 11 in upcoming games but probably doesn't have the power to push heavy DX-11 features so it is really a trade off and I think either would be a good option. If you want to fold go with the GTS 250. If you want to play around with a little more eye candy in games I would look at the 5750.

Do you plan to eventually upgrade your monitor or are you planning to stick with what you have for a while? If you are going to upgrade you may want to try to save for a slightly better video card.

Since you are on a tight budget I would not worry about aftermarket heatsinks for your CPU and GPU. Heatsinks will cost you $25-$50+ for each and I think you would do better investing that money in your hardware. You can always pick up heatsinks in the future if you want to play around with overclocking.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved