Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Xclio A380 Super Tower Case 
enoctis
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 19:11:28    Post Subject: xClio A380 Reply with quote

My tower is ever-so slightly different than yours, even though it's the exact same model. The curve in the upper-right corner of the acrylic side panel has a larger radius to hide where the PSU support rail connects to the external drive cage. Also, my internal/external bay trays are solid plastic and didn't require any assembly, whereas it appears your did. Regardless of these differences, I was wondering about your mention of the case lacking a HDD access indicator LED. The front fan LED wire can be plugged into your MOBO's HDD access port rather than the power port. The only downside to this would be that the front fan would only light up when the HDD is being accessed.

There is, however, an alternative. If you noticed when you plugged the front fan LED into your MOBO, there were actually 2 sets of wires going to one connector. You could purchase an additional connector and splice it with one of the 2 sets of wires. This would allow the upper LED portion of the access panel to be utilized for HDD access, and the fan LED to be constant, or vice versa.

I have attached 2 pictures of my tower with a pack of cigarettes (for size comparison). The reason I am attaching these pictures is because I was shocked at the size of my tower when it arrived. You can look at dimensions all day long, and still not realize what a monster this beast is!

Regards,
Enoctis (.net)

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved