Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Help needed with first PC build 
WaterRabbit
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:25:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Kilamon wrote:
Don't forget to RTFM. Your motherboard will have little pin connectors and these need to be, for lack of a better term, connected to your case. These are the lights, power and reset switches and, if applicable, the speaker. The most important manual of any PC build is always the motherboard. The rest of them can be safely tossed (or bundled up and used for firestarter in the winter).
Sun Thank you. That is good advice. Sadly most manuals are poorly written but I do understand how hard it must be to make all kinds of users from total novices to IT Tech Pros get something out of it. I read all the manuals more than once and anything I can find on the net. I wish I was a better writer because it can be hard to try to ask a question about a subject I am not familiar with and have you guys know what I am trying to say. Case in point I almost asked you what "RTFM' meant , then stopped and remembered someone on here said Google it before you ask. Then the good old light bulb went on over my head and I got it, but that is how close I came to asking a dumb question! Bang Head Anyway thanks, I will definitely check, recheck and double-triple official recheck all of my connections. Later. Grin
NZXT M59 Case + ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO Mobo + ULTRA X4 500watt PSU = Slowly Getting There 1 Part at a Time..................... #3777 registered user

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved