Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Subwoofer Help 
Blue|Fusion
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 22:50:00    Post Subject: Subwoofer Help Reply with quote

Wow, alot of you may not know me but for those of you who do remember me, it's good to be back! I don't know why I haven't been on here in such a long time, but I suppose it has to do with school and pursuing my career.

Anyway the reason I stopped by is a technical question that I don't know where else to ask.

I have a 5.1 receiver and 2 speakers and looking to add a subwoofer. I found a great deal on a 10" Polk Audio subwoofer, but I want to make sure it will work before purchasing.

What concerns me is that my receiver has a single LFE-out port using an RCA connector. The input on the subwoofer takes two (left and right) RCA cables. You can see that in the pictures located on the page below.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290034

Would I need a special cable for this like a Y-splitter cable? Or would I just plug the single LFE cable into the left or right audio-in port?

I'm hoping to order this tonight to try to have it shipped to me before the weekend. Any help appreciated.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved