Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Mapower MAP-TB32 Dual SATA RAID Enclosure 
Oskar
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 06:38:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote

acruxksa wrote:
Oskar,

I can't say how long it will take to mirror a 2TB drive, but I would guess that shutting the enclosure down before it completes it's task would require it to start from the beginning when turned back on. This enclosure offers great bang for the buck, but it's simplicity is a double edged sword in some respects.

For what it's worth, I still use mine frequently and it works great, but I've never tried it with anything larger than a pair of 1TB hard drives. I do have a couple 1.5TB drives that I could probably throw in it to get an idea how long mirroring takes, but by the time mine is done, you will probably already have an answer to your question.

When it does finally complete the mirroring process, please post back with the information for the benefit of the rest of us.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Hi acruxksa,
I've added a very long reply yesterday but obviously I did it wrong. I can't find it in the forum anywhere.
Actually I jumped to the link that was provided in your mail response and pressed reply. I wrote an extensive report, checked with preview and submitted it afterwards, but it's gone. Sorry. I may reply later again.

This time I used "Quote" on your entry.

Cheers Oskar

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved