Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: HTPC Recommendations 
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 15:16:28    Post Subject: HTPC Recommendations Reply with quote

It's been a while since I've seen a review or build log for some HTPC stuff, and I've been considering a new HTPC build for a while now using some spare parts. My main concern is keeping the machine quiet and getting proper resolution for video on my TV (Infocus 61md10 -- a 61" DLP). The TV does not support a DVI connection, and only one HDMI, so I'm going to have to go through a switch box or similar to change that input (my DirectTV goes in to the HDMI at present). Audio should go out to my Denon system for the THX/Dolby and will be handled by the onboard sound (DFI SLi-DR board).

What I'm looking for now is a recommendation on a video card. I have a pair of old 6800 cards that I could do a SLI config on, but I think that's overkill and I really don't want to add more fans. I'm trying to keep moving parts to minimum to reduce overall noise. Any suggestions?

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved