Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Seagate's 30th Anniversary Give Away 
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 01:26:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote

30 years ago, I was 7. I remember seeing my first mainframe on a tour of a naval ship. I can remember walking into a huge room with tons of boxes with flashy lights, spinning tapes, and one lone console in the room with a green monochrome screen. I got to type a few basic commands in, and was immediately hooked. I got the first "home" computer that year, a Commodore Pet. I played around on it so much I was able to teach the teachers in school how to do things and started playing with simple programs.

Ok, so the Pet wasn't really my first computer, that would go to an Altair we picked up at a yard sale, but I could never really get that thing to work right.

A few years later, the military school I was in got a network that had been decomissioned, and I used to play games on the teachers writing scripts to lock up the computer and display childish rhymes, or short stories. I remember getting called to the principles office when a friend and I locked up the network displaying a story on all the systems. Wrote it to run when the system was started, all they had to do was press a few keys and it ended it but they didn't know that....I thought it was funny, they didn't. I wasn't allowed to touch the schools networked computers for the rest of the year...

Oh, I remember Logo so well...had to go find it online to play around LOL

http://www.salem-news.com/diversions/logo.html

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved