Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Folding@Home 
acruxksa
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 13:52:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote

techmatt56 wrote:
I wanna try and get my school to help out. But don't know a catchy way of persuading 100+ mixed adults/teens.
Any ideas? email me Grin

Not sure how you would go about convincing them to get onboard, but if you do manage it, GET IT IN WRITING! There have been several cases where people were sued or prosecuted for misappropriation of computer resources.

The science is why I do it (although the stats help keep it interesting Wink ), but you should know that it represents a not insignificant increase in electrical usage. My current system is pretty mizerly, but at times I've probably had 1kw of consumption strictly from folding nodes (4 quads and gpu's). This adds up to about $90/month in electricity. My current setup uses less than a quarter of that though so I'm content with it at the moment. When you start multiplying this by the number of machines you intend to try and use at your school, it adds up fast. FYI, I pay about $0.13 per kw/hr, which isn't the cheapest, but it's far from the high end also.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved