Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: No budget multimedia/gaming rig build. 
Doctor Feelgood
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 08:55:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I like the setup in general... I was expecting some insane system by the title, but it looks reasonable. I might throw a second set of 4GB of memory at it, just because it isn't that expensive and it might help. What I would probably change is to get at least 1600MHz stuff instead of 1333MHz. Even if you stick with the G.Skill Rip Jaw stuff, the price doesn't really change.

I might pick a full ATX motherboard over a mATX.

And my last comment might be to keep that 1TB drive for now... Maybe get a SSD if the budget allows, or hold off and get one later. The prices are dropping, and the speed is nice! Perhaps you could create two partitions on the 1TB if you run that for now. Make one smaller just for the OS and programs, with all files on the larger one. If you move to a SSD, you could just copy the smaller partition over rather easily.

I have a G15 keyboard, and I think I'd actually like the G11 better for the same reasons you gave.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved