Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Poor mans Sonos system - it's all relative. :D 
acruxksa
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 23:36:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote

It's been nearly 2 months since I put everything together and all I have to say is that the Klipsch RB-61's paired with the Pop Pulse T-Amp and Super Pro DAC 707 simply ROCK! I had to pull the Zero DAC because it's got some over heating issues and to be honest, the Super Pro DAC 707 sounds much cleaner to me anyway. I'm currently listening to some Alison Krauss at 320Kbps and live mixing board recordings of the Grateful Dead from April/May of this year (also 320Kbps) and am extremely happy! Haven't gotten around to re-ripping any of my CD's to apple lossless and may not get to it for awhile. Most of my music lately has been via Amazon 256Kbps/VBR and I'm pretty happy with it as well.

Almost forgot, I also built some stands based on a design I found on the net. It's basically a Home Depot special, purchased a couple feet of 1x10 and 1x12 clear pine, 2 3' lengths of allthread, washers and nuts to fit, a couple 32" sections of 3" PVC pipe and some flat black paint. Pulled the router out and spent a couple hours making them. I also purchased some sand/small fishtank rock and polyfill (used for tank filters) at the local Petco and filled the PVC about 2/3 full of sand and then packed the remaining space with poly fill. Gives the stands a very nice heft and keeps them from resonating. Here's a crappy pic of one of them.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved