Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Rebuilding Comp, return customer 
Grayheart
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 13:31:04    Post Subject: Open box motherboard Reply with quote

I would not skim on the motherboard and risk getting the open box motherboard. Half the time, I don't think they tested costumer's return before reselling them as open-box item. Of course, half the time, people returned items that are fully-functional, either because they don't want it or they don't know how to use/install it correctly, so there is a chance the item is good as new, but I would not risk it for a motherboard. It is the foundation for your entire system, and would cause the exact random crashes, errors that you are encountering with your current older system. It is a headache to troubleshoot compare to other problem since it is not easy to swap out a motherboard and unlike other computer components, like memory or CPU or video, you can't just ask your friend or borrow from your other working system to test it on your to see if what you have is defective.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved