Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Zagg invisible Shield 
fatbastard
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 06:45:07    Post Subject: Zagg invisible Shield Reply with quote

A few weeks back I picked up a Dell Studio XPS from their outlet for a crazy price. I have had a few issues with the machine but they all seem to have been software related not hardware except for one. This damn thing is a fingerprint magnet! I have had some devices that showed fingerprints easy but this thing is crazy bad. I had seen a few people mention the Zagg shield so I figured I would give it a shot even though I normally suck at anything that take real patience. I got even more nervous after seeing this posting: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showpost.php?p=4927093&postcount=4801

One thing I noticed in the picture was the guy left his machine plugged in while trying to install the Zagg even though it clearly states in the instructions not to since you use a water based spray to install. So I figured this guy was just an anomolly.

I finally got the balls to do this over the weekend and I have to say it really wasn't that bad but I had gotten a tip from a guy that does car tint and clear bras.....use plenty of the spray! So I pulled the plug and battery and sprayed away. With the little bit extra water you can actually position the film correctly unlike the link above and get all the bubbles out. The only problem I am having is with a couple of the edges, I just can't get them to stick but I don't think it is an issue with the install or film. Where it happens is where there is a change in elevation from one surface to another and not enough space after the change for the film to stick properly. I contacted Zagg and they gave me a few ideas and also said they could replace the film. Super customer service!

So if anyone is thinking about trying this I would highly recommend it. My machine is much easier to clean and is now protected from scratches. The overall look hasn't changed much other than a slight orange peal effect. I would definitely recommend using pleanty of the fluid and not turning the machine back on for a while, I waited two days for safety. I would also recommend you clean the area you are working in very well. I have a single dog hair under my film since I apparently did a crap job cleaning. I will try to post up a few pics later if anyone is interested.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved