Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Montreal 
Enigmachine
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 07:23:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Technically I'm not from Montreal but I do eat there on weekends. Smile

I'm assuming you'll be downtown so I have three recommendations:
1) Avoid eating in the 'historic', old Montreal. The food is good but often more expensive as it's a very tourism-oriented area. You can find restaurants a few blocks away that are just as good.
2) For example, you can eat in Chinatown. It's not the typical french-canadian fare but most places are fine and won't make you sick. Smile
3) You should take a walk down St-Denis street and stop at cafés there. It's what Montrealers do in the summer, there's a lot of cafés and small restaurants that are quite good. St-Catherine or St-Laurent street close to St-Denis also have good spots as far as I know.

As far as things to see it really depends on what you like! Montreal has no shortages, but some museums can be expensive (imho, the entry fee is not always a match for the collections - the Pointe-a-Calliere museum is one exemple of that). The Cirque du Soleil is in town but I doubt you can find tickets for that in a week. Smile You should take a peek around the historic Montreal even if you don't eat there and hm... I don't know... I think the festivals season is starting soon, you may be a week early though!

I hope this helps, if any Montrealer thinks I'm wrong please tell me! Grin

edit: Oh yeah, if you enjoy watching exotic animals, you might enjoy the Biodome, I found how they maintain 5 environments serapate technically impressive, and some of the animals are 'in the wild', sometimes just scampering about your feet or flying overhead.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved