Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Star Trek, anyone seen this yet? 
Enigmachine
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 07:50:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote

I was very pleased with the movie at first; it was very enjoyable. But after about 10 minutes of ranting on the subway out of the IMAX theater, a couple of things started grating on my nerves.

*spoilers*
First, either the plot holes are big enough to fly a space station through, or Old Spock is totally evil and has been travelling through time on his own - A LOT.

Lots of canon Trek lore has been broken - you can't really beam on board a warping ship - because the shield have to be up to warp? Or can you? Not sure about this one but I'm sure Trekkies can find many faults.

Since the plot makes no sense, what remains is that the movie is really a bunch of quotes, quips and cute character touches from the series, tied together rather well. For example it's clear that the whole 'space drill' thing is just an excuse to see Sulu do some sword fighting.
Oh well.

Zachary Quinto IS Spock. You really forget about the actor changes. That's a good thing. Smile And it remains a very entertaining movie, I really liked it. It works rather well as a 'reboot', but I don't think it really deserves a lot of awards for what lies under the surface...

Just my 2 cents. Smile

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved