Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: The Tech Guy? I'm far from it.... 
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 18 May 2009 12:41:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote

The thing I don't like is when people at work (I work in IT), ask me a ton of questions about their home computer. A always tell them to use Crap Cleaner, and never use filesharing apps. A thing of the past is allowing people to bring home computers into work and they magically get fixed for FREE.

-------------

A few years ago I fixed up someone's home laptop to be able to connect into our VPN. He had some issue with it (I didn't look into it) and wanted me to fix it pronto. I told him I had no time at work to look into it. A few weeks ago he asked me again to look at it, and said that bringing the company laptop home is too much of a hassle. I said I was still too busy, but that I do side work when I am not on company time. He asked if I charged more than $10/hr; when I told him what I charge he was shocked and said it was too much. (I know he can afford it, and the funny thing is that his secretary didn't have any problem with my rates when I made a housecall a few weeks prior.)

Just last week he brought me his laptop and gave me some cash to get started. Apparently his AV ran out and he couldn't get the new one to install. But it is good that he hasn't been using it with old virus definitions for months.

-------------

Here are some videos to help make light of these annoying situations/questions from everyone that knows you have a little more knowledge of computers than they do.

Some funny videos

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved