Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Home Theater system 
acruxksa
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 13:15:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote

s1ck psycho wrote:
thanks, the svs looks good. can you dish out good speaker companies? i really want good floor speakers. and plan to use the speakers for bass extensive music at low and loud volumes, as well as pc gaming. so are there any g really good ones, although those SvS ones look nice.

Not for under $1000, but here's a few names that seem to be highly regarded. Way over my budget though, if I didn't live in Alaska I'd probably have the SVS system listed above, shipping just put's it out of range.

Kef, Monitor Audio, Vienna Acoustics, B&W, Rotel....................There's plenty more and prices sure seem to get crazy fast.

From what I've been able to gather, the audio guru's recommend budgeting 3 or more times the cost of your receiver for your main speakers. I'm not even close to an expert on this stuff, I just spent about a month researching everything for my purchase and picked up a bit of knowledge along the way. It all started with a seemingly innocent review of an Asus P5N7A-VM motherboard and Lian-Li HTPC case (thanks Jason Wink ). Little did I know that this review would result in a new HDTV (had to have that 1080p sweetness), AVR and 7.1 speaker system. Actually went through two AVR's because my original choice the Harman Kardon AVR254 had issues with my motorola DVR and HDMI so I returned it and got an even more expensive Denon 2309ci. Grin If you really want to start bending your brain, look into building your own subwoofer. On the surface it seems easy, but once you get into it you realize it's not nearly as simple as it seems and the subwoofer is probably the easiest speaker to build on your own. I flubbed it the first go around and picked up a driver that didn't quite fit my needs and had to take a mulligan. In the end things turned out pretty good though and again I learned a little along the way.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved