Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Home Theater system 
acruxksa
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 02:46:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote

s1ck psycho wrote:
what do you think about Aperion?I really like those floorspeakers a lot, also if its possible to buy my floorspeaker from Aperion but buy this-http://reviews.cnet.com/surround-speaker-systems/energy-take-classic/4505-7868_7-33310963.html and set them up together, will it work out great.

p.s. do any speaker wiring work? and i have the Pioneer elite 01. the lowest elite model, and want to make sure the stuff i want will work fine with it. thanks. also i need to know if bookshelves on the take classic are surround sound like reg. book shelves in the 1500 aperion system.

one more thing, are banana plugs worth it?

I've never heard of Aperion, but that doesn't mean they aren't good speakers. I will mention that their 4T towers don't appear to be very efficient with only 86dB of sensitivity and they appear to be limited in the lower frequencies. It's common to see floor standing speakers range extend down into the 40Hz area and these don't get below 50Hz at -3dB. What this means is that you will need more power to drive them than other speakers. It by no means means that they are bad. The could be very good, but unless you listen to them you really can't know for sure. If you get these floorstanding speakers, You definitely need to get a matching center channel speaker, you won't be able to use the center channel speaker from the energy-take system you linked to. You could use it, but things won't sound right. As I've said multiple times in the previous post, you need to make sure the front left, front right and center channel speakers are matched. This means you shouldn't buy two floorstanding Aperion's and then try to use a center channel speaker from the energy-take system. Matching the surround speakers isn't nearly as important because the sounds from them are more transient and glaring differences won't be noticed nearly as much as differences in the front and center channels. surround speakers can really be any type of speaker you want, but generally they are the same or smaller than the front and center speakers. Even if your surround speakers were larger and more efficient (putting out higher SPL (sound) at a given amplification) most modern receivers have a calibration test that can adjust for it. I've given you the links to AVS Forum and all the information you need to make an informed decision is on that site. I can't pick your speakers for you, all I can really tell you is that the $1000 Bose system is probably comparable audibly to other systems that cost about $350. If you want the prestige of having the "Bose" name go ahead and buy them. If however you don't care what the name says and want a good sounding well matched system that in many cases costs hundreds of $ less than the Bose system, spend a couple hours reading the HTIB threads on AVS Forum.

You don't need Monster cables, but you will need cables that are heavy enough gauge to carry the signal without excessive loss. I have banana plugs, but only because they are easier to work with on the back of the receiver.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved