Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: a new build 
s1ck psycho
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 21:17:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote

acruxksa wrote:
A bit more information on your intended use of this computer would greatly assist us in narrowing down the thousands of options available to you. Grin
It also wouldn't hurt to give us a ballpark budget, otherwise it's just a shot in the dark. Here's something at the top end of the spectrum, you probably don't need it, but I had fun putting it together to illustrate my point. Grin

Intel Core i7 965 Extreme Edition
4 Intel 160GB SSD drives for Raid 5
6 x 2GB DDR3
Dual Radeon 4870x2's
BluRay Burner
SoundBlaster X-FI Eilit Pro or Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe if your into HDCP
PC P&C T12W
Asus Rampage II Extreme

If you find you want something a bit more reasonably priced, we can do that to, just let us know what you want to use the comp for and how much your looking to spend. Wink

nice, i would suggest one change though, well a few, its really nice going modular on the psu, i currently own a BFG 1200 EX. its really good, the dual 4870X2's have many driver issues, i suggest two single cards, GTX 285's. And the processor, Core i7 920 can be overclocked to 4.0ghz so would i really be worth it to spend 1000 bucks on the extreme? Cases- Go for one with good cooling and FULL TOWER ATX, i got a Antec 1200 it keeps the components really cool.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved