Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Poor mans Sonos system - it's all relative. :D 
acruxksa
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 16:16:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote

So much for saving money, I've recently decided to go with a ZERO 24 BIT/192KHz DAC/Pre-Amp and a Pop Pulse 2024 AKA Tsunami T-Amp. This is quite a bit more $$$ than the Silverstone amp I linked above, but should work quite well. Now I just need to find some good high efficiency speakers, in the meantime I will be using a set of Polk Tsi100's. I have 4 of these for side and rear surround in my 7.1 system, but will have to settle for 5.1 surround until I find another set of speakers, I don't have the amp and pre-amp/dac yet, but am looking forward to it. Next on the list is to re-encode all my music to a lossless format. That's going to take awhile.

Probably should have just bit the bullet and picked up a nice mini tube amp, but don't really see the point since the airport express optical out isn't really considered to be audiophile quality. It should still be pretty good though.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved