Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB Hard Drive 
acruxksa
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 15:18:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote

The biggest thing I took away from this review is that these are 7200.12 drives, not 7200.11 drives and should not exhibit the issue seagate had with the previous revisions. Time will tell off course, but I'm confident the reviewer will check back in if reliability issues present themselves.

Although the comparison isn't against it's direct competition, the numbers are still relevant and can be used to verify that the drive performs as claimed by the manufacturer. They can also be applied loosely to other reviews on the net. Granted the large variation in test systems make it nearly impossible to directly compare the numbers to other reviews, it still gives you an idea what to expect and can serve to either re-enforce other benchmark data or cast a light on inconsistencies that may arise.

I would also like to add that I've contributed a couple reviews to BB.com and have never felt pressured or influenced to produce favorable or unfavorable reviews.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved