Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB Hard Drive 
Doctor Feelgood
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 13:36:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote

I'll agree with you on your two main points.

On the competition... It was rather weak on this one, but on occasion that does happen here and elsewhere (with some other places opting for no reference items during tests). While it would be great if all the reviewers were able to have at least one of each of the latest and greatest products from every manufacturer, that probably won't happen in my life time. It does make me aware that a more in depth check of what the possible competition is with any given reviewer might be necessary. One thing the review can provide is some insight in to the performance boost one might expect when looking to upgrade a system that may have been running a drive for the past 2-3 years.

As for the reliability... that is an aspect of the review that got past my 'review'. Even with a slew of stress tests, it is hard to accurately gauge the reliability of any product in just a few weeks. While some more things might have been done to better back up that claim, a few years use might be the best test. The review might just be better off without that part.

As for the 'sponsored review' jab... All I have to say is that has never happened, and never will.

Thanks.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved