Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB Hard Drive 
Browser
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 13:09:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but I don't think the review is very good, they way it was done (benchmarks etc) was fine but I have a problem with it going on about "competition".

The only so called "competition" is an older Seagate HDD and a possibly even older Maxtor who is owned by Seagate. Every drive basically being from Seagate with 1 new model "competing" against older models and the result of the newer one beating the so called competition by x%, well lets just say some would wonder if this is a sponsored review.

First of all comparing a new hard drive against ones so old what do you expect, I sure wouldn't expect any competition there, infact if there was the new drive would have to be bad. Also seeing how a single new drive compares to older models, which are not competitors to it, is rather useless unless it's some kind of retrospect to see how something has changed.

I don't think there's anything wrong with how you reviewed the drives, but it is useless to any buyer wanting to buy a new hard drive considering this drive or one of it's actual competitors, such as from Samsung, Toshiba, Western Digital etc.. Then you could compare how the reviewed drive uses about twice as much power as a WD Green 1TB (WD10EADS) for example (going on product specs anyway), other advantages/disadvantages...

You also mentioned you would test it's reliability, well the only page which even mentions reliable is the first where you say it's important and you're going to test it. I apologise if I missed it but how did you test this, what stress tests did you put it through, constant use, temperature tolerance etc?

Just for the record I'm not anti Seagate, infact all of my drives for about a decade have been Seagate, untill the recent 7200.11 fiasco with their drives failing left and right where I replaced a faulty Seagate 1TB with a Western Digital 1TB.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved