Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Mapower MAP-TB32 Dual SATA RAID Enclosure 
swolodkin
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 19:24:13    Post Subject: TB32 Appropriate for Exchange Server Storage? Reply with quote

I am consulting for a company with an Exchange server that needed some work. The server was out of SATA ports and physical space so they bought be this box to serve as dedicated log file storage for Exchange. I was a little concerned that this seemed more a "consumer-oriented" device and was not made for high-speed server backend storage. I did insist that we use the eSATA interface and purchased a good eSATA PCIe card for the coputer. Both devices advertised a full 3Gbs throughput speed, so I went ahead and deployed it.

Therefore I am seeking your oppinion since you reviewed this device in some detail. I don't want to spend a lot of time trying to benchmark all the storage because the machine must remain in production as much as possible. So what do you think??? Thanks in advance. -Steve.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved