Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Hard Drive Copy... fails and fails and fails... 
Doctor Feelgood
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 21:25:45    Post Subject: Hard Drive Copy... fails and fails and fails... Reply with quote

My Dad's computer has an old Maxtor 17GB ATA-66 drive that is full... got hima new 40GB Western Digital and was just going to copy the data over using the WD utiility... Tried the DOS version and then the Windows version and neither works. After an hour and ahalf of churning it says its done, and there is nothing on the new drive!! WTF!? Same thing happens using Maxtor's Maxblast...

So, I took both drives ot of his machine and put them in another computer... No files should be in use since my own drive is booting the OS, and I decided to use XCOPY with al the switches set for hidden, system and other files... This time I get what looks like a perfext copy, but when I get his system loaded, it gets to the blue WinXP welcome screen and hangs!!

Any suggestions? Should I try running the WD utility on these two drives while installed in my pc?

Bang Head

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved