Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Icy Dock MB455SPF 5-Bay Internal SATA Drive Enclosure 
rudepeople
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 22:46:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote

awesome. I hope you will still be around when I start the project...

this whole thing will take me the better part of this year to build, when I get to the backplanes, I REALLY like the look of the iStarUSA BPs... heck the 3 and 4 drive BPs have slots for tool-less chassis!

Anyway, yes, I am interested in sponsoring two reviews... I prefer other people be my guinea pigs with things like this. When the project gets as large as mine a few hundred bucks for research and proof of concept are nothing. So when I get to that point I'll e-mail you. Expect to hear from me in a couple of months for the iStarUSA BPU-230-SA-BLUE and another six months after that for the iStarUSA BPU-350-Blue

The three drive rack is for my new Workstation, and the five drive racks (four of 'em) are for my server. I'll be providing you with one of each.

But out of curiosity... If I set you up with four of the BPU-350-Blue, could I talk you into testing them out in your Lian Li PC-A77B with as many drives as you can muster? I would LIKE to know what kind of power/heat provisions I would have to consider.

FINAL NOTE: Yes... when I build a system... I BUILD A SYSTEM!!! none of this instant gratification, instant failure garbage everyone else goes through. I research the crap out the hardware I want until I am ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE it's just going to work (with the exception of occasional out-of-box failure).

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved