Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Icy Dock MB455SPF 5-Bay Internal SATA Drive Enclosure 
rudepeople
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 15:12:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Modulok wrote:

I have my server in the Lian Li case I reviewed a few months back, and the drives are just warm.

That's Ironic... that's the same chassis I plan to use... I have always had an affinity for Lian Li... their chassis designs tend to be superior for air cooling but easily modified for whatever you need.

Modulok wrote:

This is the only multi-drive hot swap unit I have ever used, so I can't compare any others. I did have to replace the fan though, it got real noisy.

Meh, as long as the fans do their job, I don't care about noise... I plan to build this server and set it up in a closet somewhere. (not an actual closet really, but a room where I am not.)

I was planning on mounting a "wall" of 120mm fans vertically in the center of the system to create a wind tunnel effect... in reality I probably will simply pull the fans off the Backplanes and allow the "wall of fans" to draw directly from the HDDs... but this is all just speculation for now. I have no idea how well that would work.

One last thing... If I provide one would you be willing to give me full a review of an iStarUSA BPU-350, much like you did for the Icy Dock MB455SPF?

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved