Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: DreamCatcher v2.0 “Worklog” 
jedihobbit
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 22:44:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Finally got around to solving the leak issue, the factory supplied tubing that comes with the Aquaduct is a “connected” pair which requires one to split them apart. Turns out that when I split the tubing a small part if one tube “stuck” to the other. The black strips you see are actually from the black tube. The right hand end was the one in the fitting.

I shortened the tubing enough to get away from that……….. problem solved.

In trying to solve the NB issue I went looking for a 40mm in the parts box, but was unsuccessful. However did find a 60 and then tried to figure out how to mount it. This is where the idea of a “modular” WC system paid off! The only fluid I “lost” and had to recycle was in the tubes between the Aquaduct and the mobo assembly. Here the mobo assembly sits after pulling it out of the case.

After some thought and looking through my collection of bolts, screws, etc collected over the years and all the builds, found a solution. Well at least on “on paper” anyway! Planned on using a couple of nylon standoffs left over from the Tech Station with longer bolts. Then when I was ready to install everything using the existing NB cooler mounting holes the idea bombed. It seems on the fan mtg. holes centers are 2 ¼ where as the NB cooler is 2 1/8. Of course this couldn’t be determined until after I took the mobo loose from the mobo tray. Then decided to use some kind of double sided tape, however the center of the cooler is lower than the fins. Ended up sticking to pieces of double side insulation tape together and mounted the fan. Just hope the high temps don’t melt the foam!!

So far the fan seems to be staying in place with the 15 minute runs of OCCT, but the real deal is when I do the 6+ hour runs. Still bumping up the FSB and doing the 15 minute runs to check temps. BTW it seems the fans are coming on as the cpu temps start reaching the mid 50s C. The last 15 minuter I did was at 355 FSB which has the cpus in the lower to mid 50s. To me this is kinda disappointing as I thought water cooling was supposed to do a better job than air. My Zalman 8500 was doing that good and just as quiet! I even lowered the Vcore to 1.475V is to see if it would help. Another question…… is it normal to have a 10 degree difference between cores?

On the NB side of the deal it is back up to 60 – 61C according to speed fan (if indeed that is the AUX temp). Sooooo just how hot is too hot for the NB??

Been trying to get the aquasuite software to work, but not doing too well. At least I did finally get it to load and show me the “demo” but it would be nice if I could find some written instructions on how to set up the stuff. Also when it checks for updates it finds one, but when I try to load it, it runs into issues. Something about not being able to load a specific .exe file.
DreamCatcher AM3 >> (Down Again) >> SG01 Evo, MSI 785GM-E65, PII X4 955(AQ H2O Cooled), XFX GTX285(EK H2O Cooled), Seagate 7200.10 ST380815AS 80GB, 2 x G.S. F3-12800CL7D-2GBPI, MODU82+ EMD525AWT, XP Home SP2
KestrelFlight >> (Under Construction) >> Zalman Z7+, MSI NF980-G65, PII X4 1055T, 2 x Galaxy 580GTXs, Zalman 32GB SSD, WD V'Raptor 300GB, 2 x WD 1 TB Blacks, G.S. F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD, Zalman ZM1000-HP Plus , Win7
Oz1a v2.0 >> XFX MDA72P7509 750a, PI X2 8870BE, 2 x XFX GTS250, WD 250GB, F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Tt TR2 600W, XP Pro SP3

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved