Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Mapower MAP-TB32 Dual SATA RAID Enclosure 
acruxksa
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 15:06:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote

It should only need to rebuild the disk once, but that rebuild takes a really long time. If everything is working, give it a bit of time and see what happens. It took several hours to build the partitions when I tested it with 250GB hard drives, so the TB drives will definitely take even longer. It appears you chose the safe50 mode rather than the normal mode like you originally mentioned. SAFE50 is a hybrid RAID mode that gives you both Raid 0 and Raid 1 partitions. It's the Raid 1 partitions that are being mirrored and initially they take forever. I believe the manual mentions that in this mode the disk will be usable, but that doesn't mean it's finished mirroring the data to the second drive. If you copied a lot of data before shutting it down, perhaps it didn't finish the mirror and when you powered it up again it started the mirroring operation again. I would just let it do it's thing for a day or so and it should finish.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved