Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Why I now hate Vista 
BeerCheeze
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 01:11:46    Post Subject: Why I now hate Vista Reply with quote

So.... been slowly upgrading to Vista as new systems come online. I was starting to like it... until... tonight.

I think the HDD that I bought Misty is having issues, so I stopped by Best Buy tonight to pick up another one to test this theory. Well, I'm running Ultimate so I figured I'd do what I always do. Upgrade the primary disk to Dynamic, add the new disk in as a stripped pair and let it Windows build the mirror, and then remove the bad drive and break the mirror. Worked under 2000, and XP.

Well..... Not Vista! You can only do that on UNPARTITIONED drives. Bang Head So now I have a Dynamic disk, that all the "migration tools" (like the one that Seagate gives) won't clone a dynamic disk.

Censored

Luckily using a 3rd HDD and doing a full back up, and recovery seems to have worked. But unfortunately the new install seems to be a dynamic disk. Grrrr... now I gotta figure out how to un'f this.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved