Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Mapower MAP-TB32 Dual SATA RAID Enclosure 
acruxksa
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 01:19:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote

That's another good question Dfreak, I know that if you install the disks in any of the raid modes you can lose your data, but I'm not sure about normal mode. I'll try to check on that first thing tomorrow, I'm right in the middle of a full system upgrade on my computer at the moment so things are a bit scattered around here.

I finished my upgrade and ran a quick test for you. I took my old boot drive and put it into my mapower enclosure, changed the jumpers to normal, turned it on and pushed the reconfigure button..................................... It took a second, but everything came up fine on the computer. In other words the drive wasn't erased when in normal mode. Please just make sure you double check your settings before you turn the enclosure on and press the configure button. I can't even imagine losing 1TB of data........How many blank DVD's you got? GrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved