Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: How does Google actually work? 
Red Squirrel
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:09:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote

The links are direct so they can't know how many people click them, but what they use is relevance and keyword order (ex: fan controller vs controller fan makes a slight difference).

It also goes by how many other sites link to it. Type in "turing forums" with no quotes and you get my site, and it's because someone posted a turing question and it's an old language and there's probably nothing out there on turing, now I keep getting people hoping to get help with it. Thankgoodness I have one member who knows a bit of turing.

There's also this thread ndisuio.sys and it's ranked super high because lot of forums link to it because it seems to be a common problem that it downloads tons of data on winxp. Type ndisuio or even .sys downloading and get that thread. There's at least 10 people that are viewing that every day. It has like 12000 views and it all comes from google, it's crazy!

my site

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved