Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Twitter :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: anyone here use wordpress? 
FOX
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 22:05:03    Post Subject: anyone here use wordpress? Reply with quote

so i started a wordpress.org site, got some hosting and am starting to get fairly familiar to run it. Its obviously in its really rough stages at the moment but I want to make sure I get it proper before I get it too involved just to have to redo things.

I mainly have questions around SEO (search engine optimization). I know you need proper titles/ keywords/ link and other items to have search engines look for. What I'm unsure is how to use sitemap.xml files and how to know if its properly being used.

For some stupid reason I signed up with godaddy, mainly cause I had a nice coupon code. I just found through their horrible system how to update the system.xml which i believe is what the search engines look for (right?).

How do I know though if it was done correctly? How do I determine if its properly updated and in the proper folder? GoDaddy says it does it all for me but I really don't trust them.

I have no clue how to run any of this but I'm learning as I go. I just got my adsense approved so I'm going to start plugging that in and this weekend hopefully I'm going to do some reading on how to edit the theme and code some php yay! lol...

www.djsourceinfo.com is the current url I'm probably going to get a better one as time goes, I just wanted to get something going while I was motivated yet.

There's a severe lack of quality dj sites that have news, info, updates and things to that extent so I wanted to take a shot at that. Any help is greatly appreciated, especially helping me find a new domain name Smile

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Twitter :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2018 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved