Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: WD VelociRaptor 
SpeedZone
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 09:31:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Wow...here (in HdTune) the all the greatness of VelociRaptor was unleashed. It did better (not by some BIG amount but still) in all areas exept CPU usage (but that doesnt count much).

While average transfer rate was 7MB/s higher than at Samsung...what i was most impressed with...was access time (7.4ms against 16.1ms)! Finally...burst 150MB/s vs. 113MB/s. Btw...the Velociraptor is SATA2 drive right? If so, its the same as Samsung...and both scored only up to SATA (1)'s max....so 150MB/s. Strange... Rolling Eyes Confused Even more because in almost every other disk benchmark software i tested my hdd with...it scored around 220-230MB/s at burst (i'll attach the HdTach results below too), while here...it scored "only" 113MB/s (and i am sure VelociRaptors max burst should be way over 200MB/s too. Since the HdTune v2.55 was released in February 2008, and both hdd's are newer than that...i believe its some sort of software's fault not to give true results (at least at burst rate - not sure about else). Also if I try to check drive's info...it doesnt say whether it's IDE or SATA, nor its buffer size (while at my older ide raid0 hdd's it reports everything just nice), and also it didnt detect your (Velociraptor's) temperature... Bang Head Mad

Ok nevermind...here is the screenshot....congrats to Velociraptor which took the lead for now...and cya in next round(s)...hahahhaha...although the winner in best speed and access times is already known....WD...but in terms of not just speed but also big capacity (1TB) and price...Samsung is the winner.... Grin King

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved