Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: WD VelociRaptor 
SpeedZone
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 04:40:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote

VelociRaptor is surely a beast...no doubt here...and every real computer enthusiasts dream (mine too Grin ). I actually wanted to buy previous version of Raptor...150GB model...but since i needed more storage space instead of just pure raw speed...i bought Samsung's SpinPoint 1TB drive. And before i ran this benchmark...I though that VelociRaptor would eat my Samsung for breakfast....but as you are able to see below...thats just not quite the case....while it is faster here and there...there are areas where Samsung is faster too.

Anyway...here are results...1st pic (above) is from my 2 WD (120&160GB) IDE drives in RAID0 -- I believe they could do better if only they werent limited to use UATA100...because single drive (in hdtach) starts reading at some 60MB/s and ends at around 45MB/s...so 2 drives in RAID0 should start way over 100MB/s...but UATA100 limits that to just 100MB/s...so in hdtach...there is looooooong line just under 100MB/s....and only close to an end of disc(s)...it slowly goes down to around 70MB/s....averaging around 80MB/s. Shame that they cant do more, although they could. Bang Head

2nd pic (below) is from Samsung 1TB drive...not much to say there...exept that it's hard to determine a true winner...i would say its a draw of some sort...or what do you guys and girls think? Confused

Maybe we really should include hdtach, hdtune and/or some other benchmarks to be able to know more...who knows?!! King Wink

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved