Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Close call for me... But not someone else 
Doctor Feelgood
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 20:47:19    Post Subject: Close call for me... But not someone else Reply with quote

Driving home from work today the traffic was surprisingly light on Route 80... I am in the center lane and near the edge of my peripheral vision I sense that the car passing me on the left is way too close... He was. This little silver coupe is partly in my lane and getting closer, so I brake, hit the horn, and drift a little to the right myself.

I look over and the guy looks like he is sleeping. Head off to one side, laid way back in his reclined seat. I think "no way", and slow down some more. He starts braking and adjusts to get back in his lane. He brakes when it seems necessary, but he keeps swerving. Eventually he is several cars ahead of me and I can't see him any more.

Less than a mile later traffic comes to a complete stop, and then a slow crawl. I see something happened on the left because everyone is trying to merge right.

When I get close enough I see that same guy has rear-ended a paratransit ambulance / van. The van driver is already out and seems fine, no one is inside the van, and the driver of the silver coupe is just sitting in his seat looking forward.

I called 911 for the first time ever to report the accident, and add in the fact that he almost hit other people and I am sure he was sleeping or drunk. They didn't seem interested in that part, but hopefully when they got there they figured it out.

Bang Head

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved