Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Motherboard Issues 
Blue|Fusion
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 12:27:42    Post Subject: Motherboard Issues Reply with quote

Hey guys. I got a new motherboard yesterday. An Intel DP35DP. Here's the problem. After spending much of yesterday tearing out my old ASUS board and installing this one and a new Q6600 CPU, the board won't boot. It won't POST. Nothing comes up on screen, the GPU fan stays at max RPM, nothing happens. I ensured the CPU was seated correctly, that all motherboard connections were made properly, etc. I tried clearing the CMOS by removing the battery for an hour but to no avail. I tried using the Intel recovery BIOS on an opticial drive with the jumper in it's proper position, also to no avail. Finally after a few hours of tinkering with it, I gave up, took the battery and all cables out, and left it sit over night, hoping the CMOS would clear themselves.

So this morning rolls around and I put the battery, GPU, and cables all back in their places. Now the board won't even turn on. When I flip the PSU on, the fans and the power LED light on the board flicker on very briefly, then die. The fans hardly get any RPMs. It happens in intervals of 11 seconds if I leave the PSU on. Every eleven seconds, it will try to power on but will just die.

The PSU is relatively new and was working fine even with this board last night so I doubt that's a problem. I double, triple, and quadruple checked everything.

For reference here's what I have in the PC:
Intel DP35DP
Intel Q6600
Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800
1kW PSU
nVidia 8800GTS 512MB
3x SATA Seagate HDD
2x IDE ASUS optical drives
PCI Hauppage TV-Tuner

I also tried starting the board with only the power cable connected on the back and no other cards/drives/RAM connected to the board incase it was something related to that. Once I tried that, the board won't even spin up the fans or lights at all. Is this board DOA? I don't think I have any warranty or anything on this board since I got it used from someone else.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved