Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: $4.00 Gas 
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 26 May 2008 18:00:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Blue|Fusion wrote:
I looked into what that guy does to increase mileage. In cases of regular non-hybrid cars, any money you save in gas you just throw away into engine damage. Turning off the engine only to pop the clutch and start it again repeatedly? Oil, coolant and other fluids/accessories stop flowing/working. Horrible idea.

I have to agree, that is the worst advise I saw from that group.
since many cars need the engine running for the power streering and brakes, seems like a safety hazard too.

Blue|Fusion wrote:

And my favorite ideas for more fuel efficiency is either the 6-stroke engine, or the compressed air car. Can't run out of air. Can't charge $4.00/cubic foot. And one of the guys that made his own fleet of light-wight compressed air vehicles made the compressor to run off of it's own compressed air, gaining energy from friction heat, which means little to no electrical or other external power is used. Kind of win-win, no?

perpetual motion? I don't think so.... but running a compressor at home and using the "waste heat" to heat your home/pool/hot water/etc. seems like a good idea, plus the stationary power plant is many times more efficient than even the best car, even with the trasmission loss( electrical) to get the power to your house and the losses in the compreesion process (plus it can run "off peak", making for a more balanced system)
I'm very interest in the AIR car Idea, for around town/commuter use

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved