Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: $4.00 Gas 
SpeedZone
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sun, 25 May 2008 03:00:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote

knight0334 wrote:
A public transit system in the nature that most of Europe has could only work on a intra-municipal/county level here in the states where people work in the same town. Many of our big cities already have bus and trains - but the vast major of the people live in the small towns and country side where mass transit just wont work or the local government cant afford to create such a system.

I know, I know....it's exactly the same here...although on much smaller scale but still...governent wants to convince us that it's just not "economically acceptable" to have bus lines in every small town. But I still believe that having at least 2 lines per day in such rural towns wouldnt hurt the budget that bad...even less...because if you just go and see on how many unnecessary and "stupid" things government spends money...then you can quickly come to a conclusion that this would actually do something good for the people...and not just take from them.

knight0334 wrote:
Another problem we have here is people buying fuel hogs just for status symbols. ...can anyone explain to me why someone would need a SUV in Los Angeles, Miami, Tampa, Atlanta, Dallas, etc?? Even with most of them being 2 wheel drive down there they only get 1-3 mpg more than a 4 wheel drive. ...but none of them need such a thing. Get a mini-van that gets into the mid-upper 20's in mpg. I know this goes against America's personal liberty issues - but I think unless you live/work in rural or snowy weather areas, the selection of vehicles allowed to be owned/purchased should be regulated.

Again same here...sad but true...status symbols...buy bigger, better car than your neighbour has...even if that means to put a mortgage on your property...and to live and work just to pay all your debts... Rolling Eyes Bang Head And although i welcome your idea about regulating the selection of vehicles...on the other side...i am afraid this cant be achieved...because that would mean less cars sold....and automakers together with ties in governments and elsewere...would soon start "crying" that they dont have enough profits to keep the industry going (even if that would mean that they i.e. still have 2B$ profits per year...and not 10B$ as they are used to...and although they could cover most part of "loses" with slightly smaller ammounts paid for advertising and CEO's and their Hawaiian holidays...but nooooo....we should take care of that and cover that for them...we should bear the consequences for their lack of efficiency... Mad )....and then both would scare us about how many jobs would need to be lost to "revive" the industry....how the unemployment will raise....how taxes will raise...etc...so i believe they have too strong ties to achieve anything in this matter. Mad Crazy Bang Head

knight0334 wrote:
Alternative fuels can help - but will only drive up the costs of other things. CNG fuel cars are great choice - but CNG stations are rarer than finding a Spanish shipwreck in the middle of Nebraska. Ethanol fuel drives up costs of corn, leaves us with less food, costs just as much if not more than gas, and pollutes even more if burnt in a car not designed specifically for alcohol. Electric cars have limited range - but the power still has to be produced somewhere thus causing pollution, parking with power charging stations is even rarer than CNG. And the bunny hungers are too pussified and block any attempts to build any more nuclear power to handle the increase in electrical demand. ...hell, they fight every time we put up a windmill here in PA.

To sum it up...there is just no easy and cheap solution to our power needs...period. Maybe it would be better, easier and cheaper to go searching for that Spanish shipwreck in the middle of Nebraska. Grin Laughing Wink

knight0334 wrote:
Now let's not get most of us here started on the current government. I'd say there isn't a single member here who's a fan of it Grin

And not just in US...I believe the same is true for all governments...and its the only right thing....because if we would love them....someone would sooner or later accuse us of either getting some bribery from government to say that....or....having some unknown mental illnes of some sort.... Grin Laughing

Back to folding & Track Mania... Wave

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved