Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: $4.00 Gas 
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 24 May 2008 15:26:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote

A public transit system in the nature that most of Europe has could only work on a intra-municipal/county level here in the states where people work in the same town. Many of our big cities already have bus and trains - but the vast major of the people live in the small towns and country side where mass transit just wont work or the local government cant afford to create such a system.

Another problem we have here is people buying fuel hogs just for status symbols. ...can anyone explain to me why someone would need a SUV in Los Angeles, Miami, Tampa, Atlanta, Dallas, etc?? Even with most of them being 2 wheel drive down there they only get 1-3 mpg more than a 4 wheel drive. ...but none of them need such a thing. Get a mini-van that gets into the mid-upper 20's in mpg. I know this goes against America's personal liberty issues - but I think unless you live/work in rural or snowy weather areas, the selection of vehicles allowed to be owned/purchased should be regulated.

Alternative fuels can help - but will only drive up the costs of other things. CNG fuel cars are great choice - but CNG stations are rarer than finding a Spanish shipwreck in the middle of Nebraska. Ethanol fuel drives up costs of corn, leaves us with less food, costs just as much if not more than gas, and pollutes even more if burnt in a car not designed specifically for alcohol. Electric cars have limited range - but the power still has to be produced somewhere thus causing pollution, parking with power charging stations is even rarer than CNG. And the bunny hungers are too pussified and block any attempts to build any more nuclear power to handle the increase in electrical demand. ...hell, they fight every time we put up a windmill here in PA.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved