Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Another MicroFly Build! 
jedihobbit
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 12 May 2008 12:31:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote

The fan grill came in so the rear fan and grill have been installed and the rigidity of the rear defiantly improved. Also had an inspiration as the PSU still wanted to “bow” the top towards the front. Decided to find something that would function as a spacer but not contribute to ambient noise by transmitting vibration to the chassis from the PSU. Went to the garage and raided by small parts bin and found a few picture “bumpers” that were about the right height. Stuck a couple to the chassis and it seems to be doing the trick, also being soft rubber there is not vibration issues.

Installed the mobo, PSU, and few other goodies to see if the system will run and it did!! Now on to do wire management. The Ultra PSU came out of an MX6 so all cables are short so a not to cause much clutter. As of right now think I like a little extra length to make routing easier! The Tf 7025 has the 24 pin power plug towards the rear (I/O) of the mobo and this almost has it under the PSU in the MicroFly. Between a short cable and socket location a little planning is required when pulling out the mobo tray……especially with a CNPS8700 as you HSF. Initially when installing / removing the power cable one will have to pull the tray out about 2 – 3” just enough to get one’s hand in to unplug the cable before pulling the tray the rest if the way out.

The following are some “general” pictures as I was putting it together and trying to do the wire management. Thought I had it finished but it seems the FDD cable EL regulator has died. Now I need to take it apart to see what I can do.

Also added some cooling holes under the handle to help with interior cooling.

Gonna let the owner take it home and replace the FDD cable when it comes in. I had forgotten about putting in the cooling holes so had to take everything cable wise apart to do it. In the process I managed to "break" the EL regulator! Censored
DreamCatcher AM3 >> (Down Again) >> SG01 Evo, MSI 785GM-E65, PII X4 955(AQ H2O Cooled), XFX GTX285(EK H2O Cooled), Seagate 7200.10 ST380815AS 80GB, 2 x G.S. F3-12800CL7D-2GBPI, MODU82+ EMD525AWT, XP Home SP2
KestrelFlight >> (Under Construction) >> Zalman Z7+, MSI NF980-G65, PII X4 1055T, 2 x Galaxy 580GTXs, Zalman 32GB SSD, WD V'Raptor 300GB, 2 x WD 1 TB Blacks, G.S. F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD, Zalman ZM1000-HP Plus , Win7
Oz1a v2.0 >> XFX MDA72P7509 750a, PI X2 8870BE, 2 x XFX GTS250, WD 250GB, F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Tt TR2 600W, XP Pro SP3

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved