Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: ASUS EAH3870 TOP Overclocked Radeon HD3870 Graphics Card 
SpeedZone
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 12:14:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Yo Doctor... Wink

Great review...Great Card...if only you ran 3DMark06 also in WinXP...so I could compare results with mine. Rolling Eyes But 11270 in Vista...is around 12K in XP. And since you used dual core...and i tested on quad@3.4...i believe the difference between yours and mine score (13K+ 3DMarks) is due to faster cpu. Smile

And regarding overclock...you could mention in the review that there is a BIOS fix which removes that 860Mhz limit - because those locks are caused by bios preventing overclock higher than 860Mhz, and not by drivers or OS. (I run my 3870 at 857/1250 - measured in gpu-z). But if you apply new bios...you could go over 900Mhz. And you could also overclock ram higher than 1173Mhz (at least on cards similar to ASUS with those copper heatspreaders on ram chips and with decent airflow around them)...I put mine to 1250 to get kinda round number...but i believe 1300 or more is possible without any major problems...its just that ram isnt the limiting factor here...already at stock speeds its fast enough...so you dont gain much by clocking it much higher. Wink

Wave

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved