Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Dinosaur died 
Dud3!
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 17:12:33    Post Subject: Dinosaur died Reply with quote

I haven't upgraded my computer in a LONG time. I had to replace the motherboard and processor because I had left my computer with my parents and my dad zapped the heatsink (and thus the CPU and mobo) with 12v (don't ask). When I replaced it I replaced it with pretty much the same parts.

So anyway, out of the blue my computer won't post anymore and I tried everything and it doesn't go past FF (mobo/bios problem) on the LED. It's an Epox 8RDA+ Pro/Athlon XP M combo and it would seem that the motherboard is toast. I don't have another processor to check and make sure it's not the CPU, and I don't have another AXP mobo to put in it's place either. It's been a while since I've been into any of this but I think I narrowed it down as far as I can.

I unplugged everything but the RAM, video card, and keyboard and tried it. It went through a few codes and stopped at F2 (which I can't find in the manual), then I replaced the PSU and video card and tried again, just goes to FF now. I cleared the CMOS, checked the RAM in another computer, put the RAM and original video card back in and it still just goes straight to FF and sits there, the monitor never kicks on.

Anything I've overlooked or could try?

I planned on upgrading my whole system after I get another car, but I can't do that since I don't even have another car yet.

If the mobo is dead, I need a replacement since I can't afford to upgrade the whole system. I really don't want to buy another AXP board but that's all I can do right now. Anyone have one they could sell or know where I could get one cheap? I want a decent one since I do have the system overclocked and I hate cheesy motherboards. I also need SATA and firewire.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved