Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Product Support...??? 
BeerCheeze
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 00:53:19    Post Subject: Product Support...??? Reply with quote

So.... I bought a Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro from Newegg.com that was a referb. I get it and it won't run DirectX 9 stuff... So I contact both NewEgg and Sapphire. NewEgg issues me an RMA, and while talking to Sapphire they say a new BIOS might fix it. So I contact NewEgg and they say they can hold the RMA for me. Cool... Let me show you the chain of events:

11/24 - I get a e-mail address from Sapphire's website and contact [email]RMA@SAPPHIRETECH.COM[/email].

11/25 - RMA directs me to Ray a engineer in the UK.

11/26 - Ray responds and ask for more information, as I did not supply enough in my original request.

11/26 - I respond to Ray with requested information.

11/27 - Ray says that he is "due in" a new BIOS that he thinks might fix my problem.

11/28 - I request the ETA of the BIOS.

12/01 - Ray responds saying it is due in "next week"

12/08 - I request a status on the BIOS upgrade. No response from Ray.

12/10 - Again I request a status on the BIOS upgrade or a RMA.

12/11 - Ray request the PN for the card.

12/11 - I respond to Ray with the information I have, and pictures of the card to help him verify the card.

12/15 - Ray responds saying I didn't supply a correct part number, and that he thinks the card is a 9500/9700.

12/15 - I respond to Ray saying there was no sticker on the card but give him the invoice information from NewEgg, and ask for more information on why he thinks it is a 9500/9700 and it shows up as a 9800 in Windows.

12/18 or 12/19 (Can not tell due to the e-mail from Ray shows a Jan 2000 date) - Ray sends the Operation Director (Richard) & RMA department an e-mail asking for their "position" on the issue.

12/19 - Richard responds to Ray saying "No Part or Serial Number" say it is not a Sapphire product and says he can't/won't help.

12/19 or later - Ray forwards the e-mail to me. However again because of the incorrect date in the e-mail it is missed by me for several days

12/22 - I respond, in a very upset customer manner.

12/23 - Richard responds telling me to calm down, and saying that Sapphire doesn't work directly with End users, but will make a special case and charge me shipping to them plus $15 just to look at the card. And if/when they determine the card is a Sapphire product they will charge me to repair it, then send it back to me.

So I send all this too the Operations Director in a e-mail and he responds...

Quote:
Hi Brian,

Thank you very much for your valuable suggestion, we will improve our service. We apologize for any inconvenient caused.

Well... guess Sapphire is off my list of OK products to buy. Censored Mad

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved