Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: LinuxMCE 0704 Released 
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 23:12:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote

I recently got a Gyration Universal Media Center Remote. Out of the box some buttons worked with Ubuntu/MythTV.

I decided to try LinuxMCE again (since they featured the first generation Gyration Remote).

It's a REALLY LONG INSTALL, but it has a ton of potential. First you need to install a full Kubuntu Desktop. Then get LinuxMCE CD1 & CD2. Run a small .deb package that starts the install. After I went through the setup, I left it to install overnight (it is said to take a few hours).

When I woke up today, I tried the "Gyration" part of my remote, WORKED PERFECTLY!

I played around with the LinuxMCE a little after I got it configured with my setup. I did not know LinuxMCE actually includes MythTV (with other stuff, like home automation, security, and VOIP software).

I would say in a few years if I were to get the right equipment and setup, it would be awesome to get it all setup with LinuxMCE....But for now, with just having my Viewsonic 32" LCDTV and HTPC MythTV is just fine...just need to get my new remote working.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved